OPINION | Views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect those held by Sarah Palin.
President Donald Trump’s revenge tour is in full force.
Trump-endorsed businessman Tim Michels has been declared the winner in Wisconsin’s GOP gubernatorial primary.
Michels is the projected winner despite significant competition from former Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch. This outcome in the battleground state of Wisconsin suggests Trump holds strong influence in the key region.
There were also five other candidates backed by Trump who won in Wisconsin, and one candidate in the state legislature:
- Rep. Bryan Steil (R-WI) – GOP nominee for the First Congressional District
- Derrick Van Orden – GOP nominee for the Third Congressional District
- Rep. Scott Fitzgerald (R-WI) – GOP nominee for the Fifth Congressional District
- Rep. Tom Tiffany (R-WI) – GOP nominee for the Seventh Congressional District
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) – GOP nominee for U.S. Senate
- State Assemblywoman Janel Brandtjen (R-22) – GOP nominee for District 22
🚨 POLL: Is a red wave coming?
YES 👍 or NO 👎
All three Trump-endorsed candidates won their nominations in Minnesota:
- Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) – GOP nominee for the Sixth Congressional District
- Rep. Michelle Fischbach (R-MN) – GOP nominee for the Seventh Congressional District
- Rep. Pete Stauber (R-MN): GOP nominee for the Eighth Congressional District
In total so far, there have been sweeping victories for Trump’s endorsements in 31 states. Here’s the tally via Breitbart:
More on this story via Breitbart News:
In Connecticut, Leora Levy won the GOP U.S. Senate primary over Themis Klarides and Peter Lumaj. Levy, the national Republican committeewoman for Connecticut, received Trump’s endorsement on Thursday, when Trump slammed her general election opponent, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT).
“Leora Levy is running to represent the Great State of Connecticut in the United States Senate,” Trump said. “The current Senator is a mocked and laughed at fool, who said for many years that he was a brave war hero in Vietnam, when the facts later revealed that he had never even been to Vietnam.”
Trump praised Levy, who is a Cuban-born American:
“In the Senate, she will work hard to Grow the Economy, Secure the Border, Fight for Energy Independence, Support our Military and our Vets, champion Election Integrity, Protect the Second Amendment, and Fight Violent and Vicious Crime, which is at the highest level in Connecticut history.”
Levy appeared on Breitbart News Saturday over the weekend and called the 45th president’s backing an “honor” Her victory puts his endorsement record among U.S. Senate candidates a a perfect 17-0.