Next week, Donald Trump will be inaugurated as the United States’ 45th President.
And true to Trump’s style, we can expect inaugural festivities to be QUITE a show!
The President-Elect has had countless entertainers commit to participating in the historic event, as enthusiastic friends and supporters have been quick to reserve their slot in the lineup.
Here is an updated schedule of events (via Newsweek):
Thursday, January 19:
This ceremony will take place at Arlington Cemetery. Official time has yet to be announced. Event is open to the public.
The ‘Welcome Concert’ will be held on the grounds surrounding the Lincoln Memorial. This is the first of ‘official’ inaugural events. Donald Trump and Mike Pence will both be present. Performers include Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down, Lee Greenwood, Jon Voight, The Piano Guys, RaviDrums, and The Frontment of Country, along with others who’ve not yet been announced.
Friday, January 20:
Inaugural Swearing-In Ceremony
The Swearing-In will be held at the West Front End of the U.S. Capitol and begins at 9:30AM. The Mormon Tabernacle and America’s Got Talent veteran Jackie Evancho will both perform at the ceremony.
The Inaugural Parade also takes place on Friday and will feature a slew of marching bands from across the country. A comprehensive list of bands is below:
- 1st Cavalry Division Horse Cavalry Detachment
- 1st Infantry Division Commanding General’s Mounted Color Guard
- Boone County Elite 4-H Equestrian Drill Team
- Caisson Platoon, Fort Myer
- Cleveland Police Mounted Unit
- Coastal Florida Police & Fire Pipes & Drums
- Columbus North High School Band
- Culver Academy Equestrian
- First Troop Philadelphia City Cavalry
- Fishburne Military School Army JROTC Caissons Battalion
- Frankfort High School Band
- Franklin Regional High School Panther Marching Band
- Indianapolis Metro Police Motorcycle Drill Team
- Lil Wranglers
- Marist College Band
- Merced County Sheriff’s Posse
- Michigan Multi-Jurisdictional Mounted Police Drill Team & Color Guard
- Mid America Cowgirls Rodeo Drill Team
- Nassau County Firefighters Pipes & Drums
- North Carolina Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association
- NYPD Emerald Society Pipes & Drums
- Olivet Nazarene University’s Tiger Marching Band
- Palmetto Ridge High School Band
- Russellville High School Band
- Talladega College Band
- Texas State University Strutters
- The Citadel Regimental Band & Pipes and Summerall Guards
- The Freedom Riders
Tupelo High School Band
- University of Tennessee Marching Band
- VMI Corps of Cadets
- West Monroe High School Marching Band
The Radio City Rockettes will also perform in the parade.
The Inaugural Balls
Following the parade, inaugural balls will take place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and National Building Museum. There are 3 official inaugural balls planned in addition to several unofficial balls.
Saturday, January 21:
National Prayer Service
There will be an interfaith prayer service held at the Washington National Cathedral. The time has not yet been announced.
So as you can see, the list of inauguration activities is long and diverse. There is truly something for everyone in this lineup of events and artists.
As for Governor Palin, she’s a big Ted Nugent fan. Who knows?! Maybe we’ll see him at Inaugural festivities as well!
We can’t wait to see who else commits!
What do you think of the inauguration schedule? What celebrities would you like to see added to the weekend’s events?