Country music artist Jason Aldean has resumed his tour following the horrific shooting incident in Las Vegas where a gun man fired several hundred rounds into the 22,000 people in attendance.
Less than two weeks after the shooting, where 59 people were killed and over 500 more were injured, Aldean said during his show in Tulsa, Oklahoma, “I want to play the show for you guys that the people in Las Vegas came to see and didn’t get a chance to.”
Per ABC News:
Aldean took the stage at Tulsa’s BOK Center, and according to ABC affiliate KTUL, the Tulsa Police Department did not add extra security for the event.
However, Craig Murray, who worked security for the event, told the affiliate that his team has “always been on guard.”
Three songs into the show, Aldean told the crowd that he won’t be shaken by anyone trying to make Americans live in fear.
“I want to play the show for you guys that the people in Las Vegas came to see and didn’t get a chance to,” Aldean said.
Aldean previously announced he was cancelling a number of concerts following the incident in Vegas, per People.
One couple who attended the concert in Vegas, and the subsequent tragedy, also attended the concert in Tulsa:
Days following the massacre, the singer announced he canceled a series of concerts out of respect for the victims. “It has been an emotional time for everyone involved this week, so we plan to take some time to mourn the ones we have lost and be close with our family and friends,” he said in a statement.
Also on Thursday evening, a Las Vegas couple, who survived the deadly shooting, traveled to Tulsa to see Aldean perform.
Ryan Guay and Lynzee Freund, who helped save a little girl’s life, were gifted tickets to Aldean’s Oct. 12 show courtesy of Tulsa-based radio station K95.5. “These two were saving lives in the Las Vegas shooting…. A week in a half later they’re in Tulsa finally getting to finish the Jason Aldean concert,” the radio station wrote on Facebook.
The country artist has been actively helping those who were affected by the shooting:
In the nearly two weeks since the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history, Aldean has paid tribute to the 58 people who died by opening “Saturday Night Live” with the late Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down,” before returning to Vegas to visit with some of the nearly 500 who were injured.
“This week we witnessed one of the worst tragedies in American history,” Aldean, 40, said on the show. “So many people are hurting. You can be sure that we are going to walk through these tough times together every step of the way.”
People similarly reports:
On Sunday, Aldean returned to Las Vegas exactly one week after the shooting with his pregnant wife Brittany to visit with hospitalized survivors of the shooting.
“Feels surreal being back in Vegas today. Visiting some of the strongest people we have ever met… fighting the toughest battle of them all… for their lives,” she wrote along with a photo of the couple facing the Mandalay Bay.
“You have helped us try to begin to start the healing process by seeing the strength each one of you have. Thank you for today. We will never forget,” said the mother-to-be, who is expecting a baby boy in December.
WARNING: Aldean uses some strong language in the video.
— ABC News (@ABC) October 13, 2017