More than 50 House Democrats have publicly decided not to attend President-Elect Trump’s inauguration.
That number skyrocketed in the midst of a conflict between Rep. John Lewis and Trump.
According to The Washington Post, for many, this tweet was the final straw:
The conflict began after Rep. Lewis said he did not believe that Trump is “a legitimate President.”
As Bill O’Reilly points out in the video here, Lewis said the same thing of President Bush in 2000.
And quite frankly, who can be surprised by this?
Democrats have staged an ongoing temper tantrum since Wednesday, November 9.
Here’s the list of members who’ve decided not to attend (via ABC News):
- Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz.
- Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz.
- Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif.
- Rep. Tony Cardenas, D-Calif.
- Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif.
- Rep. Mark DeSaulnier, D-Calif.
- Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif.
- Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif.
- Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif.
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif.
- Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Calif.
- Rep. Grace Napolitano, D-Calif.
- Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif.
- Rep. Raul Ruiz, D-Calif.
- Rep. Mark Takano, D-Calif.
- Rep. Juan Vargas, D-Calif.
- Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif.
- Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Fla.
- Rep. Darren Soto, D-Fla.
- Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla.
- Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga.
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.
- Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky.
- Rep. Chellie Pingree, D-Maine
- Rep. Anthony Brown, D-Md.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md.
- Rep. Katherine Clark, D-Mass.
- Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich.
- Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn.
- Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo.
- Rep. Carol Shea-Porter, D-N.H.
- Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-N.J.
- Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-N.Y.
- Rep. Adriano Espaillat, D-N.Y.
- Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y.
- Rep. Jose Serrano, D-N.Y.
- Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y.
- Rep. Nydia Velazquez, D-N.Y.
- Rep. Alma Adams, D-N.C.
- Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-N.C.
- Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore.
- Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore.
- Rep. Kurt Schrader, D-Ore.
- Rep. Brendan Boyle, D-Pa.
- Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Pa.
- Rep. Dwight Evans, D-Pa.
- Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn.
- Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas
- Rep. Al Green, D-Texas
- Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va.
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash.
- Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash.
- Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis.
What a perfect showcase of the lack of partisanship Americans are sick of seeing in Washington.
What do you think?