President Trump moved quickly on A LOT of campaign promises this week via executive actions.
Per Axios, here’s a recap of what’s been covered:
- Day 1, told the government to buckle up for repeal and replace of Obamacare.
- Ordered a hiring freeze for the federal government, excluding military and the VA.
- Ditched the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.
- Cut off federal funding to foreign charities that provide abortions.
- Called for a cut in manufacturing regulations.
- Dakota Access Pipeline‘s a go, and so is the Keystone Pipeline. Construction on both pipelines was halted at the end of Obama’s administration.
- He included a guideline that pipelines use only U.S. labor and materials.
- The wall’s gonna get built — and there are ideas on how to make Mexico pay for it.
- Told the deportation forces to make some hires and enforce the law.
- Ordered an end to “catch and release” and sanctuary cities.
- Signed an action to start some kind of extreme vetting
- Told the Pentagon to build up the military. (He didn’t offer much more detail than that.)
- Held a meeting with CEOs.
- Took a ride in Air Force One.
- Called the Mexican President, despite a cancelled meeting.
- And even knocked out some diplomacy, meeting with British Prime Minister Theresa May.
And of course, today’s action on refugee policy has the whole country up in arms.
There’s a lot going on, but if one thing’s for sure, we know President Trump is going to make the most of these four years.
Conservatives can be grateful we’ve got a “doer” in office.