EXPOSED: Fast And Furious Documents To Be Released!

After years of stonewalling from Obama administration officials, including then-President Obama and then-Attorney General Eric Holder, the American public will now have access to previously withheld documents on the botched “Fast and Furious” operation.

As the Daily Caller reports, “Former President Obama and former Attorney General Eric Holder had previously refused to produce documents requested by [the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform] Oversight.”

Per BizPac Review:

Holder, who headed the Obama Justice Department from 2009 to 2015, was the only cabinet member in U.S. history to be held in contempt of Congress for refusing to release the documents to the House Oversight Committee just hours after Obama invoked executive privilege to prevent their release.

Fast and Furious was a secret operation conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives which allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of Mexican cartels. ATF lost track of nearly 2,000 firearms during the course of the operation which began in late 2009.

“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement via the Department of Justice. “This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious.”

“Today, the Department of Justice entered into a conditional settlement agreement with the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and will begin to produce additional documents related to Operation Fast and Furious,” the statement continued. “The conditional settlement agreement, filed in federal court in Washington D.C., would end six years of litigation arising out of the previous administration’s refusal to produce documents requested by the Committee.”

Congressman Trey Gowdy’s office similarly commented, via the Daily Caller:

Amanda Gonzalez, Gowdy’s communications director, told The Daily Caller the Oversight Committee “seeks all relevant facts so we can learn from the mistakes made by the Justice Department.”

“We have a responsibility to uncover why they worked so hard to hide this information from the Committee, the family of Brian Terry, and the American people,” she added.

— Advertisement —

Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was killed in 2010 from firearms obtained as a result of the failed Obama administration operation.

As we previously reported, Terry’s brother, Kent, recently reached out to President Trump over social media and asked that those responsible for his brother’s death be held accountable.

“Sir it’s been 7 yrs,” Kent Terry tweeted to Trump. “My family ask you reopen Obama’s gun scandal that cost my brother his life. I talk[ed] to you back on the campaign trail here in Michigan and you offered to reopen the books into this senseless scandal. Thank you. God bless.”

During a segment with “Fox & Friends,” Fox News Insider reports that Kent added, “There needs to be justice for my brother”:

Per the report:

“We need to find out the truth, exactly what happened, how it happened, why it happened. We need Mr. Trump, President Trump, to unseal the documents, reverse executive privilege so that we know what happened, and that we can hold the people accountable that are responsible,” Terry said on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday.

He said people at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the Justice Department need to be held accountable for the government-approved operation that allowed thousands of guns to pour into Mexico.

“Everybody’s still actively working, nobody’s been punished, maybe just a slap on the hand, and that’s about it,” Terry said. “There needs to be justice for my brother. He deserves it. He spent 22 years serving his country as a law enforcement officer, a Marine, and that’s what he deserves.”