Democrat leaders like House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Congresswoman Maxine Waters have said a number of eyebrow-raising and simply confusing things over the past few months, but the latest comments by members of the Democrat Party and liberal mainstream media are truly over the top.
People on the Left have defended Socialism, Iran, and MS-13 gang members, and others over the recent weeks. Conservative reporter Benny Johnson highlighted the bewildering comments made by those on the Left in a post on social media.
The post starts complimentary of President Trump, who Johnson said he often watches in amazement of his ability to control the narrative and force his opponents into difficult situations.
“I pay a bewildering, unhealthy amount of attention to Donald Trump. It’s part of the job,” Johnson wrote. “In my time covering him, I’ve seen one alarmingly special talent Trump holds: He utterly brute-forces his opponents (Democrats) to defend the indefensible – therefore exposing the darkest, closest held beliefs of the institutional Left.”
The Daily Caller reporter compiled and shared a list of the Left’s latest defenses:
Think about what we have learned about mainstream liberalism in the past few months:
• Socialism is good & we should try it
• Guns are bad and we should confiscate them
• It is permissible (and encouraged) to disrespect our National Anthem
• Hamas & Iran are the good guys• The US military, cops & Israel are the bad guys
• Satanic, ultra-violent MS-13 gang members are just undocumented immigrants looking for a better life
• Redistribution of wealth should be fiscal policy• Our healthcare system must be nationalized
• Violence is acceptable as long as it’s against the people I disagree with
• Free speech is violence
• Free thought is dangerous
• Funding entitlements for illegal immigrants is more important than funding veteran services
• Tax cuts & bonuses for needy families are ‘crumbs’
• There should be a maximum wage & a federally guaranteed income
“I don’t care if you agree with the above policies or not – the fact is the mainstream Left used to keep these beliefs a well-kept secret,” Johnson added. “In the pursuit of destroying Trump, the Left has exposed itself. It’s really something to watch.”
I pay a bewildering, unhealthy amount of attention to Donald Trump. It's part of the job. I am also particularly…
Johnson has a point, check it out:
“When all of our great-great-grandparents came to America they weren’t ‘animals,’ and these people aren’t either,” Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said, per Fox News. Pelosi added, “we are all God’s children.”
“I noticed recently where Democrats, Nancy Pelosi as an example, are trying to defend MS-13 gang members,” Trump responded. “I called them animals the other day and I was met with rebuke. They said ‘they’re people.’”
I see Donald Trump has moved seamlessly from making the Left defend Hamas to making them defend MS-13, and now they’ll spend the day defending disrespecting the anthem. It’s like the Democrats don’t know there’s an election in November.
— Jesse Kelly® (@JesseKellyDC) May 24, 2018
After this past week, Democrats would be a lock in 2018 if only Hamas, MS-13, North Korea and Iran could vote here.
— Tim Young (@TimRunsHisMouth) May 22, 2018
Note: The author of this article has included commentary that expresses an opinion and analysis of the facts.
#NancyPelosi coddles MS-13 gang members as “God’s children” while #ChuckSchumer likens them to “our great-grandparents.” Maybe your great-grandparents, Chuckles, but not mine, nor any of the other upstanding Americans I know. https://t.co/jjgDAIrB86
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) May 23, 2018