Trump BLASTS FBI Over Cohen Raid: ‘Why Didn’t They Break Into The DNC To Get The Server?’

President Trump ripped the Federal Bureau of Investigation in a tweet on Sunday for doing something he claimed was “absolutely unthinkable & unheard of.”

In the tweet, Trump contended the Mueller investigation has pushed the envelope for what should—and shouldn’t—be allowed by the FBI by raiding the office of his former attorney Michael Cohen.

Trump said the raid was responsible for Cohen flipping on Trump and becoming a “rat.”

“Remember, Michael Cohen only became a ‘Rat’ after the FBI did something which was absolutely unthinkable & unheard of until the Witch Hunt was illegally started. They BROKE INTO AN ATTORNEY’S OFFICE!” the president tweeted before asking why that same standard was not applied in the Clinton investigation and her mishandling of classified information.

“Why didn’t they break into the DNC to get the Server, or Crooked’s office?” Trump asked in the same tweet.

The Cohen controversy has consumed mainstream media headlines as the former Trump loyalist has turned on the president, even alleging Trump knowingly instructed him to illegally make payments during the 2016 presidential election.

From ABC News:

Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to arrange hush-money payments with two women because then-candidate Trump “was very concerned about how this would affect the election” if their allegations of affairs became public, the president’s former personal attorney said in an exclusive interview with ABC News.

Cohen’s comments are his first since being sentenced earlier this week to three years in federal prison for financial crimes, lying to Congress and two campaign finance violations in connection with the deals with the women, Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels, who claim past affairs with Trump.

“Nothing at the Trump Organization was ever done unless it was run through Mr. Trump…He directed me to make the payments, he directed me to become involved in these matters,” Cohen said, as CBS News reports. “You have to remember at what point in time that this matter came about, two weeks or so before the election, post the Billy Bush comments. So, yes, he was very concerned about how this would affect the election.”

— Advertisement —

President Trump, however, has denied any wrongdoing, saying Cohen acted alone in making the payments.

“Let me tell you, I never directed him to do anything wrong. Whatever he did, he did on his own,” Trump said in an interview on Fox News Thursday, via CBS News. “And you know what? In retrospect, I made a mistake….I hire usually good people.”

From the report:

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, disputed Cohen’s account on Thursday night.

“People saying that we did this in furtherance of the election. There is just no proof of that. That is somebody’s opinion,” Conway said on CNN.

Trump’s statements on the matter have evolved from being unaware in April. Now, he says the payments were a “simple private transaction” and that there are ulterior motives to calling them anything more.

Raids of Cohen’s properties have also led to a criminal investigation into President Trump’s inauguration spending. Federal prosecutors reportedly are looking at whether some of the donors to the president’s $107 million inauguration fund gave money in return for access to Trump.

In a statement, the inauguration committee said “donors were vetted in accordance with the law” and that “no improprieties have been found.”