Moments After Democrats Ban Fox News, Trump Responds With This Message

The Democratic National Committee does not want Fox News to host any of their 2020 primary debates, they announced on Wednesday. The decision was shared by DNC Chairman Tom Perez in a statement where he detailed the relationship that Fox News has with President Trump.

Perez clarified that he wants Fox News to cover the Democrats and their messaging so the DNC can “expand our electorate and reach all voters,” ABC News reports. Perez also stopped shy of allowing Fox News to host any of the debates, saying he did not think the network would be fair.

From ABC News:

“I believe that a key pathway to victory is to continue to expand our electorate and reach all voters. That is why I have made it a priority to talk to a broad array of potential media partners, including FOX News,’ Perez wrote in a statement first reported by the Washington Post. “Recent reporting in the New Yorker on the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and FOX News has led me to conclude that the network is not in a position to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates. Therefore, FOX News will not serve as a media partner for the 2020 Democratic primary debates.”

Fox News hosted one Democratic primary debate during the 2016 election cycle.

“We hope the DNC will reconsider its decision to bar Chris Wallace, Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, all of whom embody the ultimate journalistic integrity and professionalism, from moderating a Democratic presidential debate,” Fox News Senior Vice President Bill Sammon wrote in a statement provided to ABC News. “They’re the best debate team in the business and they offer candidates an important opportunity to make their case to the largest TV news audience in America, which includes many persuadable voters.”

Last month, the DNC announced initial details for the first two Democratic presidential primary debates, which will be hosted this summer by NBC News (along with sister networks MSNBC and Telemundo) and CNN.


The DNC is planning on hosting a dozen debates in the 2020 election cycle as they are expecting a very crowded primary field. Other lesser-known candidates may also get a chance at the debates after Democrats lowered their debate requirements.

President Trump responded to the report with a tweet which called the ban “good” because, as he says, he will do the same to “Fake News Networks.”

As the Washington Examiner reports, Fox News host Brett Brier defended his network and said they will continue their 2020 coverage as fairly as possible.

“That’s really a shame. When it comes to fairness – our news product speaks for itself,” Baier said in a tweet. “We will continue to cover this 2020 race fairly & will continue to invite Democrats- Republicans & Independents on to talk about key issues & substance with our very large viewing audience.”

Note: The author of this article has included commentary that expresses an opinion and analysis of the facts.

DISCLAIMER: Views expressed in articles do not necessarily reflect the views held by Sarah Palin.


Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of