Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders continues to ignore the accomplishments of the Trump administration when it comes to historic unemployment and the currently roaring economy.
During a campaign rally on Friday, Sanders told attendees that he was going to “create an economy and a government that works for all of us, not just the 1 percent.”
Bernie Sanders: "We are going to create an economy and a government that works for all of us, not just the 1 percent." pic.twitter.com/jONh9lQ8e1
— The Hill (@thehill) November 23, 2019
If he—or any Democrat—were honest with themselves about trump’s handling of the economy, they would admit he has been nothing less than exceptional.
Take a look at some of the Trump Administration’s domestic Accomplishments, per the White House:
- Almost 4 million jobs created since the election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- Median household income has hit the highest level ever recorded.
- African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
- Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
- Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
- Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
- Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back into the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
- As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
- Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
- Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
Several people online pointed out these and some other Trump accomplishments to Sanders, noting they were doing very well in the current economy:
-Unemployment rate is @ its lowest level since 1969
-Black unemployment rate is @ a historic low
-Hispanic unemployment rate is @ a historic low
-People w/disabilities unemployment rate is @ a historic low
-People w/high school diploma unemployment rate is @ a historic low
— Lori Jackson (@lksjackson) November 23, 2019
I’m clearly not in the 1% and the economy works great for me. In fact, all my friends and family are not in the 1% and the economy works for them too. Bernie is a fraud with a bad heart.
— Mike Williams (@Prep74mike) November 23, 2019
I’m not in the 1-percent, nor are any of my family and friends, and since Trump took office, the economic impact to all of us has been great. More propaganda.
— Mike Nilges (@FactsBreedLogic) November 23, 2019
That would be the economy we have now.
— Barbara Matthews (@barbarapagem) November 23, 2019
if it is only working for 1% how come so many Blacks and Hispanics prospering under Trumps Economy
— Turd Smurf (@samsclubcola) November 23, 2019
Hi @BernieSanders blue collar worker blue collar family and friends enjoying this economy rn. It’s not just the one percent man cmon stop it
— KC (@clueless_pop) November 23, 2019
I’m doing great and I’m not even close to the 1%.
— doug leavitt (@Leavitt180) November 23, 2019
Except unemployment hasn’t been this low in 40 years.
— Miles J Fenucci (@FenucciMiles) November 23, 2019
Note: The author of this article has included commentary that expresses an opinion and analysis of the facts.
I'm not in the 1% and I'm just fine.
— Rod Edgar (@RedgarTheHrbl) November 23, 2019