Portland Antifa Accidentally Sets One Of Their Own On Fire During Clash With Police

Portland residents witnessed the 100th consecutive day of riots and protests in their city since George Floyd was killed in Minneapolis on May 25.

The riots have brought vandalism, looting, and arson to their city, from the capitol building and a federal courthouse to the suburbs in the surrounding community.

As BizPac Review reports, the 100th day of the riots looked like many before it: Police officers dressed in riot gear sent to quell the violent demonstrations.

Saturday night’s mayhem was eventually brought to an end but not before a dramatic incident occurred during a standoff between the police officers and Antifa members.

“Portland Police note that persons on Southeast Stark are engaging in tumultuous and violent conduct thereby intentionally or recklessly creating a grave risk of causing public alarm,” the Portland Police Department tweeted. “This is a riot. Police are giving announcements to disperse. People are throwing Molotov cocktails.”

“Police are making repeated announcements. This remains a riot,” the law enforcement agency continued. “Members of the group have thrown Molotov cocktails injuring at least one community member. Failure to disperse may result in arrest citation crowd control agents including tear gas and/or impact weapons.”

During the standoff, one Antifa member allegedly threw a Molotov cocktail and accidentally set one of his fellow protesters on fire. It is unclear if the individual who threw the improvised explosive is the same individual who was on fire.

— Advertisement —

The incident was recorded and widely shared online.

BizPac Review adds:

Remarkably, Police Chief Chuck Lovell responded to the nightly violence by publicly rebuking city leaders last week, beseeching them to “hold people accountable.”

Lovell said, “Our elected officials need to do their part to draw a line in the sand and to hold people accountable. The violent behavior must end.”