BREAKING: Biden Will Skip All Media Events Until Thursday For ‘Debate Prep,’ Campaign Says

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden will not be attending any media events or pressers this week, his campaign announced, as he prepares for Thursday’s debate with President Trump.

CBS News correspondent Ed O’Keefe confirmed that Biden would not be making any public appearances this week.

“And [Democrats] worry that if they can’t keep their base motivated, if they can’t keep convincing people to show up, whether it’s early or on the day of, they’re going to be in trouble. This week is mostly about debate prep,” O’Keefe said on Sunday’s “Face The Nation.”

“He will not be seen again after today until Thursday night in Nashville at that next debate,” he added. “So, they are going to keep him focused on that. That’s a signal that they believe this is still a very big opportunity for them to provide one last big contrast with the President, and that they have to prepare him for potential attacks from the President.”

The Daily Wire reports Biden’s announcement comes after an explosive New York Post report continues to cause his campaign some trouble. He has also repeatedly refused to address the report, instead urging reporters to talk about Trump:

Biden ran from a question on Sunday about the FBI, which comes after he snapped at a reporter late last week for asking him about the growing scandal involving a laptop that may have belonged to his son, Hunter.

The emails came from a laptop computer that was reportedly dropped off at a computer repair store last April in Biden’s home state of Delaware. The person who brought the laptop into the store never paid for service and never retrieved the device. Federal law enforcement officials reportedly seized the laptop in December after the store owner alerted them to it, but not before the store owner made a copy of the hard drive and gave a copy to Rudy Giuliani.

The New York Post’s first report on the emails showed that Joe Biden allegedly met with an executive from Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company where Hunter Biden served on the board.

Fox News adds:

— Advertisement —

One of the people on an explosive email thread allegedly involving Hunter Biden has corroborated the veracity of the messages, which appear to outline a payout for former Vice President Joe Biden as part of a deal with a Chinese energy firm.

One email, dated May 13, 2017, and obtained by Fox News, includes a discussion of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business deal with a Chinese energy firm. The email appeared to identify Hunter Biden as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” in an apparent reference to now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co.

The email includes a note that “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.” A proposed equity split references “20” for “H” and “10 held by H for the big guy?” with no further details. Fox News spoke to one of the people who was copied on the email, who confirmed its authenticity.

Sources told Fox News that “the big guy” is a reference to the former vice president.

The Daily Caller reports Biden most recently walked away from a question on his son’s laptop on Sunday: