OPINION | Views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect those held by Sarah Palin.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi exclaimed that the sergeant-at-arms for the House of Representatives be fired, according to Fox News.
Pelosi also declared she wanted to see the chief of the Capitol Police fired.
Pelosi said, “There was a failure at the top of the Capitol Police, and I think Mr. (Steven) Sund – he hasn’t even called us.”
According to Fox News, these 13 questions should be asked of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi:
1. What was your role in authorizing or denying National Guard support before and after Jan. 6?
2. Reps. Rodney Davis, R-Ill., Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and James Comer R-Ky., on Feb. 15 asked you five pointed questions about your role in Jan. 6 and your preservation and compliance with document requests. Will you answer them?
3. After the 2011 shooting of now former Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., what changed with regard to security?
4. After the shooting of Republican House Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., were any changes made to security?
5. What happens when a member of Congress’ life is threatened? How are they expected to protect themselves?
6. In 2018, $25,000 was allocated to each Member’s Reimbursement Allowance (MRA) for security. Did that work?
7. Do you have enough cameras in the public spaces inside and outside the Capitol?
8. Why can’t law enforcement secure doors in the Capitol and why isn’t there bulletproof glass?
9. Why were known COVID-infected members allowed on the grounds of the Capitol? This is especially relevant given the disparate treatment of Republican Rep. Claudia Tenney’s son. A Naval Academy graduate, he was denied floor access (in the plexiglass COVID box you created so COVID-positive members could vote for you for speaker) to see his mother sworn in when every other member was allowed a guest.
10. You insisted members should be fined $5,000 if they failed to pass through metal detectors. Should you be fined for not passing through the metal detector?
11. You said the enemy is within. What did you mean and who specifically are you afraid of in Congress?
12. How do you respond to the Feb. 1 letter from former Capitol Police Chief Sund?
13. Your own home was vandalized this year on Jan.y 1. Yet nobody was arrested. The San Francisco Police Department was quoted saying, “Unidentified suspect(s) had painted graffiti on the garage door and left a pig’s head on the sidewalk.” How does this happen to the speaker of the House?