The Biden administration blocked a charter flight evacuating American citizens and Afghan green card holders from landing in the United States.
A humanitarian group called Project Dynamo has been conducting evacuations in Afghanistan.
Project Dynamo posted the information to social media, explaining, “Today’s triumph is ending in tragedy.”
“After initial approval, the US government is now denying entry into the US for our American passengers aboard Dynamo 01,” the statement continued.
“These passengers are all US passport holders, US green card holders with valid Afghan passports, and a few SIV approved Afghan passport holders,” the group said.
“There are 59 children under the age of 18 and 16 under the age of 3,” it added. “ALL of these passengers have been Covid tested, are Covid negative, and have been MR vaccinated.”
“These Americans are being denied entry into THEIR OWN COUNTRY by the US government.”
Permission was previously obtained from the Taliban-run Afghan Civil Aviation Authority before sending a charter flight to rescue the passengers from Kabul airport.
Bryan Stern said both the State Department and the United Arab Emirate’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs cooperated with the effort.
“A Department of Homeland Security official claimed it was because authorities need time to conduct background checks on those on board,” the Daily Mail reported.
“Customs had cleared his charter flight to land at in New York but later changed the clearance to Dulles International Airport outside Washington before denying the plane landing rights anywhere in the US,” the Daily Mail noted.
“The plane was held on the tarmac in Abu Dhabi for 14 hours amid the debacle yesterday after taking off from Kabul Airport with 117 on board, among them 59 children,” the report added.
The State Department has confirmed that there are still 100 Americans in Afghanistan who are “ready to depart.”
Despite promises from the Biden administration that all Americans would be evacuated before the August 31 deadline or troops would stay behind to ensure that they got out safely, this never occurred.
According to an advisery directly from the U.S. State Department, the Biden administration has ordered against unauthorized rescue and extraction missions to get Americans and Afghan allies out of country.
This has been the evacuation process extremely difficult, especially considering that American and Western forces are no longer in the region assisting with evacuation efforts.
Afghanistan has fallen under the terror and rule of the Taliban following Biden’s decision to surrender and abandon any remaining American citizens as the last soldier left.
More from Becker News:
The State Department earlier blocked private and humanitarian flights in and out of Afghanistan, as Becker News first reported. Emails subsequently obtained by Fox News provided further proof that the United States’ own State Department hindered efforts for Americans exiting the country of Afghanistan.
“Military lawyer and retired Marine Eric Montalvo shared the communications with Fox after he organized some of the flights and now claims the federal government thwarted his rescue effort,” the Daily Mail reported. “The leaked emails show State officials refusing to allow Montalvo’s privately paid for flights to use US property either inside the country or at one of its many overseas bases, after the Biden administration pledged to do whatever it can to rescue all Americans and as many Afghan allies as possible.”
“No independent charters are allowed’ at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar,” the September 1 email says. “In fact, no charters are allowed to land at an [sic] DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will allow charters to land.”
On August 28, Becker News reported that a State Department order blocked private flights for Americans conducting unauthorized rescue Missions to Afghanistan.
“Now being told that State Dept. is telling nations surrounding Afghanistan not to allow private jets handling the private extractions to land and/or refuel,” John Cardillo reported. “This is inexplicable and evil.”
Military-connected sources told Becker News the rationale behind denying private flights to be refueled in the region is that air space was being cleared for further evacuations. But that explanation conflicted with reports that evacuations from Kabul airport had been halted.
Meanwhile, the White House is making it easier for illegal migrants to get into the country than Americans seeking to flee the war-torn country of Afghanistan in the wake of the Biden administration’s reckless withdrawal.
“During Monday’s daily press briefing, Psaki was pressed on why there are so many steps pertaining to COVID-19 when flying into the country, such as providing vaccination proof or a negative COVID-19 test, but seemingly none for those who walk across the border,” the NY Post reported.
“As individuals come across the border, and they are both assessed for whether they have any symptoms, if they have symptoms they are,” Psaki said.
“The intention is for them to be quarantined. That is our process, they’re not intending to stay here for a lengthy period of time, I don’t think it’s the same thing. It’s not the same thing,” she claimed.
Not only was that promise broken, the White House has actually thwarted Americans and U.S. allies attempting to flee Afghanistan. The Biden administration’s actions are worse than incompetence; they are fundamentally anti-American.